How to find redox reaction?
Asked by bhuvaneswari5781 | 18th May, 2020, 11:13: AM
A chemical reaction in which loss of electrons and gain of electrons occur simultaneously is called a redox reaction.
In this reaction, hydrogen acts as a reducing agent and reduces copper oxide to copper. This is a reduction reaction.
Reduction: Cu+2 + 2e−→ Cu
Simultaneously, copper oxide acts as an oxidising agent and oxidises hydrogen to water. This is an oxidation reaction.
Oxidation: 2H - 2e− → 2H+
There is one more way a reaction called redox is as follows:
Redox reactions: Redox reactions are those reactions in which both oxidation and reduction occur.
Oxidation - involves the loss of hydrogen OR gain of oxygen
Reduction - involves the gain of hydrogen OR loss of oxygen
ZnO + C → Zn +CO
In this reaction, zinc oxide is reduced to zinc and Carbon is oxidized to carbon monoxide
Answered by Ramandeep | 18th May, 2020, 11:18: AM
- How to find out oxidation and reduction on the bases of electrons
- what is the definition of redox reaction
- Explain About oxidation and reduction reactions In detail .
- what is redox reaction??
- Which of the following is a redox reaction? (A) NaCl + KNO3 → NaNO3 + KCl (B) CaC2O4 + 2HCl → CaCl2 + H2C2O4 (C) Mg(OH)2 + 2NH2Cl → MgCl2 + 2NH4OH (D) Zn + 2AgCN → 2Ag + Zn(CN)2
- Pls clear the concept of redox reactions and give me some 10 examples quiclkly
- In this reaction hydrochloric acid is oxidized to chlorine gas and manganese dioxide is reduced to manganese chloride
- We know that the volume of hydrogen and oxygen in electrolysis of water is 2:1, but we see in ncert text book that there is more amount of water in anode than cathode , what is the reason behind this contradiction
- Why electrolysis of water is important?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number