Who developed the technique of electrophoresis? State its principle.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 12th Jun, 2014, 09:24: AM
Electrophoresis was developed by Tiselius in 1937 as a method for the separation of substances with different ionic properties. It is based on the principle that charged particles move under the influence of electric current to oppositely charged electrodes.
Answered by | 12th Jun, 2014, 11:24: AM
- recombinant DNA tecnology
- please answer
- What is ori? state its importance during cloning of a vector?
- What is the host that produces a foreign gene product called? What is this product called?
- State the uses of cloning vector in biotechnology.
- Explain any two methods of vectorless gene transfer.
- What is genetic engineering? List the steps involved in rDNA technology.
- How can DNA segments be separated by gel electrophoresis, visualised and isolated?
- Study the linking of DNA fragments shown below: (i) Name 'a' DNA and 'b' DNA. (ii) Name the restriction enzyme that recognises this palindrome. (iii) Name the enzyme that can link these two DNA fragments.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number