State the uses of cloning vector in biotechnology.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 12th Jun, 2014, 09:24: AM
Cloning vectors are used for transferring fragments of foreign DNA into a suitable host. They play an important role in selecting recombinants from non-recombinants.
Answered by | 12th Jun, 2014, 11:24: AM
- recombinant DNA tecnology
- please answer
- What is ori? state its importance during cloning of a vector?
- What is the host that produces a foreign gene product called? What is this product called?
- Who developed the technique of electrophoresis? State its principle.
- Explain any two methods of vectorless gene transfer.
- What is genetic engineering? List the steps involved in rDNA technology.
- How can DNA segments be separated by gel electrophoresis, visualised and isolated?
- Study the linking of DNA fragments shown below: (i) Name 'a' DNA and 'b' DNA. (ii) Name the restriction enzyme that recognises this palindrome. (iii) Name the enzyme that can link these two DNA fragments.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number