Which sound travels faster: Sound of a bomb explosion or sound of humming of bees?
Asked by SINDHUJA SRIVASTAVA | 9th Mar, 2015, 10:13: PM
The speed of sound produced in a medium does not depend on the loudness, pitch or quality. Thus, the sound of a bomb explosion and that of a humming bee will travel with the same speed.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 9th Mar, 2015, 11:09: PM
- propagation of sound
- What is sound
- what is tuning fork
- how does the sound propogate
- which quantity transferred through the medium during the propagation of sound waves?
- what is Sound?
- WHAT HAPPEN WHENTHE SPEED OF SOUND AND THE PRDUCER SAME
- Sound can travel in solid air and gas but can it travel in plasma and bose-einstein condensate?
- How is sound produced in the following things? The buzzing of mosquito The sound of drums The sound of guitar The sound of trumpet
- Can we hear the ringing of a mobile phone placed in a vacuum chamber?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number