Sound can travel in solid air and gas but can it travel in plasma and bose-einstein condensate?
Asked by Vishalgarg1234 | 22nd Nov, 2018, 03:29: PM
Yes sound wave can travel longitudinally in plasma state of matter. Plasma state is basically electron breaking stage at very high temperature so it's still a gas through which light and sound wave can travel. Whereas Bose-Einstein condensate is very dense material sound wave travel through it ate very slow speed u can have the idea by this speed of light in Bose-Einstein condensate is 10 m/s. Yes sound wave do propagate through this.
Answered by Ankit K | 22nd Nov, 2018, 11:20: PM
- how does the sound propogate
- which quantity transferred through the medium during the propagation of sound waves?
- what is Sound?
- WHAT HAPPEN WHENTHE SPEED OF SOUND AND THE PRDUCER SAME
- How is sound produced in the following things? The buzzing of mosquito The sound of drums The sound of guitar The sound of trumpet
- Can we hear the ringing of a mobile phone placed in a vacuum chamber?
- Sound of engine of a submarine would travel faster in water or in air?
- In a cricket match, the striking of the ball by player is seen before hearing the sound. Why?
- With the help of a diagram show how longitudinal waves , like sound waves travel in air.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number