what is the resistance of air gap nd a closed plug key????is the resistivity of an alloy lower or higher than its constituent metals??give reasons
Asked by Megha | 18th Jul, 2014, 07:13: PM
Resistance of an air gap is infinite.
Resistance of a closed plug key is equal to the resistance of the resistance wire below it.
Resistance and resistivity of an alloy is higher than that of its constituent pure metals.
Answered by Sheetal Jalan | 20th Jul, 2014, 10:19: PM
- define the term ohm meter
- (a) Why do copper or aluminium wires generally used for electrical transmission and distribution purposes ? (b) Two wires, one of copper and other of manganin, have equal lengths and equal resistances. Which wire is thicker ? Given that resistivity of copper is lower than that of manganin.
- What is Ohm's Law
- definition of potential difference
- what is swich
- the effective resistance between A and D in the circuit
- what is electricity
- If the voltmeter reads 0.2 V and the ammeter reads 0.101A, the resistance of the voltmeter is (in ohm) 2 A A
- What is resistance?
- I is directly proportional to V,then V is also proportional to l (is it true)
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number