what is the buoyant force

Asked by mikkey | 14th Nov, 2009, 09:45: PM

Expert Answer:

When a rigid object is submerged in a fluid (completely or partially), there exits an upward force on the object that is equal to the weight of the fluid that is displaced by the object. This upward force by the fluid on the object is called buyancy force.




Answered by  | 15th Nov, 2009, 11:32: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.