what is periods
Asked by kanchanbalpande82 | 12th Apr, 2022, 11:01: AM
Periodic table is used to classify all the elements in chemiostry.Periods are horizontal rows in the periodic table which depicts elements. The Modern Periodic Table has 7 horizontal rows known as periods.
Answered by Ravi | 12th Apr, 2022, 11:51: AM
- what is elements
- what is periods
- Modern period table
- 1. Electronic configuration of an element ‘x’ is 2.8.1 and for ‘Y’ 2.8.7 then mention the bond existing between 2 elements. a) Covalent bond b) Ionic bond c) Hydrogen bond d) Metallic bond 2. Identify the element in a 2nd period and 14th group with valency 4. a) Carbon –C b) Silicon – Si c) Boron – B d) Fluorine – F 3. Modern periodic law state that “the properties of elements are the periodic function of their ___________. a) Atomic number b) Atomic mass c) Valiancy d) Atomic radius. Name the group of hydrogen. 9. In a Modern periodic table how the ionization energy, metallic nature and atomic radius vary? 10. 6 C 12 , 20Ca40 , 21SC45 Write the Electronic configuration of given elements and mention the group period and block
- How tp learn the symbols element
- drawbacks of mendeleev and modern periodic table with example
- Que:-How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements?
- how does the atomic size vary as you go down a group?
- Just as the way we locate a point on graph as (x, y), can we locate an element as (group number, period)?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number