What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 23rd Mar, 2016, 10:00: AM
Green manuring is the practice of ploughing green plants into the soil for improving the fertility. Green manure provides organic matter and nutrients like Nitrogen and Phosphorous to the soil. Commonly used green manure crops: Guar and Sunhemp.
Macronutrients provided by green manure are nitrogen and phosphorus.
Answered by | 23rd Mar, 2016, 12:00: PM
- what is harvedting
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
- What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number