Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Apr, 2016, 07:00: AM
Following are the factors for which variety improvement is done in plants:
i. Higher yield
ii. Improved quality
iii. Photo-sensitivity and thermo-sensitivity
iv. Diseases resistance
v. Pest resistance
vi. Desirable agronomic characters
Answered by | 27th Apr, 2016, 09:00: AM
- what is harvedting
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
- How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
- What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number