What is Euler's formula? Verify the Euler's formula for a pentagonal prism.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
For a polyhedron having F number of faces, E number of edges and V number of vertices, we have F + V = E + 2.
The pentagonal prism looks like:
Here, Number of faces (F) = 7
Number of edges (E) = 15
And number of vertices (V) =10
Now, F + V = 7 + 10 = 17
And, E + 2 = 15 + 2 = 17
Thus, F + V = E + 2
Hence, Euler's formula is verified.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is Euler's formula
- Write the number of faces, vertices and edges in the following cuboids.
- Write the number of faces, vertices and edges of the below figure:
- Define prism and draw a rough diagram of triangular prism. Also verify the Euler's formula for the same.
- Define cylinder. Draw its rough diagram and write the number of faces and edges of it.
- The following shape is a hexagonal prism. Write the number of faces, vertices and edges. Also verify the Euler's formula.
- Write the name of 6 faces and 12 edges of the following cube.
- Using Euler's formula, find the unknown. (i) (ii) Faces x 5 Vertices 6 y Edges 12 9
- Can a polyhedron have 10 faces, 20 edges and 15 vertices?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number