what is common forces in machanics
Asked by abhishekyadav.12 | 12th May, 2017, 03:21: PM
Gravitational force, electrostatic force, frictional force, magnetic force. Some of the other forces common in mechanics are contact forces.
Also, forces like tension in a string and the force due to spring are common forces.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 12th May, 2017, 05:07: PM
- What are contact forces? Give some examples of contact and non contact forces.
- What is Normal Reaction? Explain with diagram.
- Give the formula of Spring Force and state the significance of the negative sign.
- A gardener is mowing a lawn by pushing and pulling the machine. In which condition is the normal force highest?
- Consider a book lying on a table. Which forces are acting on the book?
- What do you mean by equilibrium under concurrent forces?
- Two forces of 5 kg and 12 kg are connected at the two end of the light inextensible string that passes over a frictionless pulley. Find the acceleration of the masses and the tension in the string, when the masses are released.
- A weighing machine inside a stationary lift reads 50 kgf, when a man stands on it. What would happen to the weighing machine reading, if the lift is moving with constant velocity and constant acceleration?
- The three blocks of mass 4 kg, 5 kg, and 6 kg are suspended with the string, which is passed over a pulley. Calculate the tension T1, T2, and T3 when the whole system is moving with an acceleration of 5 m/s2.
- A mass of 8 kg is suspended by a rope of length 4 m from the ceiling. A force of 40 N in the horizontal direction is applied at the midpoint P of the rope, as shown in the figure below. What angle does the rope make with the vertical in equilibrium?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number