What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
Asked by Madhavgoyal2901 | 16th Sep, 2018, 09:48: PM
1. To develop stable and high yielding varieties of both food and cash crops
2. To develop varieties with high nutritional value and good storage qualities.
3. To conserve the germplasm of important crops.
4. To develop appropriate production and management package for good agricultural production.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 17th Sep, 2018, 02:10: PM
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
- How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
- What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
- What is manure? How is it prepared? State its role in changing the quality of soil of a field having excess of: (i) Sand (ii) Clay
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number