What are the effects of noise on the animals?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Jun, 2014, 05:52: PM
Noise can have a detrimental effect on animals
(i) by causing stress,
(ii) increasing risk of death by changing the delicate balance in predator/prey detection and avoidance, and by interfering with their use of sounds in communication especially in relation to reproduction and in navigation.
(iii) acoustic overexposure can lead to temporary or permanent loss of hearing.
Answered by | 11th Jun, 2014, 07:52: PM
- please explain the last question......
- How do we hear sound? Explain
- Differentiate between Intensity and Loudness.
- Name some common ailments suffered by people living in a residential area close to the airport.
- Name few common NO HORN zones in a city.
- What are the three main causes of oceanic sound pollution?
- List any three measures to reduce noise pollution.
- Name the steps taken by city administration to control noise pollution.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number