What are the different physical and chemical methods to make water safe for drinking at home?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jul, 2016, 01:39: PM
Water can be made safe for drinking by using the following methods:
(i) By Filtration: This is a physical method of removing impurities. A popular household filter is a candle type filter.
(ii) By boiling: Many households use boiling as a method for obtaining safe drinking water. Boiling kills the germs present in the water.
(iii) By using chlorine: Chlorination is a commonly used chemical method for purifying water. It is done by adding chlorine tablets or bleaching powder to the water.
Answered by | 29th Jul, 2016, 03:39: PM
- List some of the common household method which can be used to purify water.
- How is drinking water purified by using chemical method?
- How boiling helps in the purification of water?
- Which purification methods are shown in the figures given below:
- How water pollution control helps in the conservation of energy?
- What type of organisms is present in water contaminated with sewage?
- Name a popular household filter which is used to purify the water?
- Give the sequence of the methods followed in purification of water supplied to homes?
- What is meant by chlorination?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number