How is drinking water purified by using chemical method?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Nov, 2013, 08:24: AM
Chemical treatment is one of the most important drinking water purification methods. The most commonly used chemicals for drinking water purification are chlorine and iodine. These chemicals kill almost all the disease-causing microorganisms present in the water and make the water pure.
Answered by | 26th Nov, 2013, 10:24: AM
- List some of the common household method which can be used to purify water.
- How boiling helps in the purification of water?
- Which purification methods are shown in the figures given below:
- How water pollution control helps in the conservation of energy?
- What type of organisms is present in water contaminated with sewage?
- Name a popular household filter which is used to purify the water?
- Give the sequence of the methods followed in purification of water supplied to homes?
- What is meant by chlorination?
- What are the different physical and chemical methods to make water safe for drinking at home?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number