what are cryptogams ? what are the divisions of cryptogams?
Asked by saasha.joshua | 21st Oct, 2018, 03:08: PM
The cryptogams are flowerless and seedless plants. They show hidden reproductive organs and produce spores for reproduction. Crytogams include division Thallophyta, Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 21st Oct, 2018, 11:57: PM
- What are the various criterior for classification of plants?
- Tell me more about thallophyta
- On what basis algae are further classified?
- Which plants are considered Thallophytes?
- Give one word for the following: i. Plants with hidden reproductive organs. ii. Hair-like outgrowth of Bryophytes. iii. Plants with true roots, stems, leaves and a well-developed vascular system. iv. Plant body of Thallophyta.
- What do you understand by gametophytic phase and sporophytic phase in Thallophyta?
- Give at least two examples of each: i. Red algae ii. Brown algae iii. Green algae
- Differentiate between Thallophyta, Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.
- Differentiate between Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.Give one example of each.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number