Differentiate between Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.Give one example of each.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 31st Mar, 2016, 10:12: AM
1. A true vascular system is absent in them.
2. They lack real, stem, root and leaves. Example - Riccia
1. A well developed vascular system is present for the conduction of water and other substances, from one part of the plant body to another.
2. The plant body is differentiated into root, stem and leaves. Example - Ferns
Answered by | 31st Mar, 2016, 12:12: PM
- What are the various criterior for classification of plants?
- Tell me more about thallophyta
- what are cryptogams ? what are the divisions of cryptogams?
- On what basis algae are further classified?
- Which plants are considered Thallophytes?
- Give one word for the following: i. Plants with hidden reproductive organs. ii. Hair-like outgrowth of Bryophytes. iii. Plants with true roots, stems, leaves and a well-developed vascular system. iv. Plant body of Thallophyta.
- What do you understand by gametophytic phase and sporophytic phase in Thallophyta?
- Give at least two examples of each: i. Red algae ii. Brown algae iii. Green algae
- Differentiate between Thallophyta, Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number