True or False
1, sound travels faster on a rainy day than on a dry day
2, moisture increases pressure
Asked by shrinilassp | 15th Nov, 2015, 09:35: PM
Since, the velocitiy of sound in moist air is greater than the velocity of sound in dry air.
2. Velocity of sound does not vary with pressure.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 16th Nov, 2015, 12:42: PM
- How sound propagates
- Whatis reverbation of sound
- What is necessary for propagation of sound
- speed of sound
- Is the speed of sound more in a substance with higher temperature or lower temperature. Explain
- Is the speed of sound is faster in a denser substance or a less dense substance. Explain
- Can sound travel in vacuum? Explain
- Does sound propagate in all directions? Give one example to support your answer.
- Name one material that do not conduct sound and act as sound insulator?
- How does a sound wave travel through the air?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number