Can sound travel in vacuum? Explain
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Sound cannot travel in vacuum because sound travels by producing a vibration in the molecules of the medium surrounding it and there are no molecules in vacuum.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What is necessary for propagation of sound
- speed of sound
- Is the speed of sound more in a substance with higher temperature or lower temperature. Explain
- Is the speed of sound is faster in a denser substance or a less dense substance. Explain
- Does sound propagate in all directions? Give one example to support your answer.
- Name one material that do not conduct sound and act as sound insulator?
- How does a sound wave travel through the air?
- List the factors on which the speed of propagation of sound depends on?
- Why do sound travel faster in solids?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number