How does a sound wave travel through the air?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jul, 2016, 03:57: PM
Sound waves travel through the air by vibrating or moving the particles of matter in the air.
Answered by | 29th Jul, 2016, 05:57: PM
- What is necessary for propagation of sound
- speed of sound
- Is the speed of sound more in a substance with higher temperature or lower temperature. Explain
- Is the speed of sound is faster in a denser substance or a less dense substance. Explain
- Can sound travel in vacuum? Explain
- Does sound propagate in all directions? Give one example to support your answer.
- Name one material that do not conduct sound and act as sound insulator?
- List the factors on which the speed of propagation of sound depends on?
- Why do sound travel faster in solids?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number