Time from sunrise to sunset is lengthened by how many minutes?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
We see the sun rising two minutes earlier than the actual rise and see it setting two minutes after the actual sunset. This happens due to atmospheric refraction. Hence, the total time by which the time from sunrise to sunset is lengthened, is 2 + 2 = 4 minutes.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- why does the sun appear reddish early in the morning? will this phenomenon be observed by an astronaut on the moon ? give reason to justify your answer
- twinking of stars
- If the stars too are as near as planets then they donot twinkle? And if the planets are as far as stars then can they twinkle?
- Explain twinkling of stars and draw diagram.
- Why do stars appears twinkling
- Does refraction take place in the atmosphere ? Give reason.
- Provide an example to show the atmospheric refraction.
- Atmospheric refraction results into some atmospheric phenomena. State some examples.
- What is the time difference by which we see the sunset ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number