Provide an example to show the atmospheric refraction.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 21st Jul, 2017, 03:36: PM
We can see the atmospheric refraction during summer when the objects get heated up by the sun rays. The air closer to the object is less dense than the air farther from it. So the light travels from lighter to denser medium and object seems to be moving due to atmospheric refraction.
Answered by | 21st Jul, 2017, 05:36: PM
- why does the sun appear reddish early in the morning? will this phenomenon be observed by an astronaut on the moon ? give reason to justify your answer
- twinking of stars
- If the stars too are as near as planets then they donot twinkle? And if the planets are as far as stars then can they twinkle?
- Explain twinkling of stars and draw diagram.
- Why do stars appears twinkling
- Does refraction take place in the atmosphere ? Give reason.
- Atmospheric refraction results into some atmospheric phenomena. State some examples.
- What is the time difference by which we see the sunset ?
- Time from sunrise to sunset is lengthened by how many minutes?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number