The whole surface area of cuboid is 214 cm^2 , volume is 210 cm^3 , and the area of base is 42 cm^2 ..find its edges ?
Ans - 7cm , 6cm , 5cm
Asked by Mohdayaz9921 | 2nd Feb, 2019, 08:22: PM
Total surface area = 214 cm2
2(lb+bh+hl) = 214
Volume of cuboid = 210 cm3
lbh = 210
Given that area of base = 42 cm2
lb = 42
hence, h = 210/42 = 5 cm
2(lb + bh + hl) = 214
42 + bh + hl = 107
bh + hl = 65
5b + 5l = 65
b + l = 13 and lb = 42
Solving both equations we get l = 6 cm and b = 7 cm
Answered by Sneha shidid | 4th Feb, 2019, 11:08: AM
- if side of cube is 9.5 cm.then find total surface area
- A cuboidal tin box opened at top has dimension 20^16^14cm. What is the total area of metal sheet required to make 10 such boxes
- how to find side when surface area is given?
- The breadth, length and height of a solid wood is in the ratio 3 5 8. By what part should the lenth and height be cut off to make a cube
- Four cubes of edge 5 cm each are placed side by side and stuck together . If the outer surface alone is painted at Rs 300 per meter square , find the cost of painting
- Find the total surface area of following cuboid.
- Find the surface area of cubes with edge (i) 5 cm (ii) 2.9 cm.
- The dimensions of a cuboidal tin box are 30 cm x 40 cm x 50 cm. Find the cost of the tin required for making 20 such tin boxes if the cost of tin sheet is Rs 25 per square meter.
- The dimensions of a cuboid are in a ratio 1:2:3 and its total surface area is 88 m2. Find the dimensions of the cuboid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number