The breadth, length and height of a solid wood is in the ratio 3 5 8. By what part should the lenth and height be cut off to make a cube
Asked by Nimmi | 23rd Jan, 2019, 11:52: AM
A cuboid has breadth 3x, length 5x and height 8x
now the smallest dimension out of them is the breadth
So we need to cut 2x from the length and 5x from the height
so we need to cut 2/5th part from the length
and 5/8th part from the height
Answered by Arun | 23rd Jan, 2019, 05:18: PM
- if side of cube is 9.5 cm.then find total surface area
- A cuboidal tin box opened at top has dimension 20^16^14cm. What is the total area of metal sheet required to make 10 such boxes
- how to find side when surface area is given?
- The whole surface area of cuboid is 214 cm^2 , volume is 210 cm^3 , and the area of base is 42 cm^2 ..find its edges ? Ans - 7cm , 6cm , 5cm
- Four cubes of edge 5 cm each are placed side by side and stuck together . If the outer surface alone is painted at Rs 300 per meter square , find the cost of painting
- Find the total surface area of following cuboid.
- Find the surface area of cubes with edge (i) 5 cm (ii) 2.9 cm.
- The dimensions of a cuboidal tin box are 30 cm x 40 cm x 50 cm. Find the cost of the tin required for making 20 such tin boxes if the cost of tin sheet is Rs 25 per square meter.
- The dimensions of a cuboid are in a ratio 1:2:3 and its total surface area is 88 m2. Find the dimensions of the cuboid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number