The value of magenetic field produced by coduction current and displacement current are equal at the edges ofor capacitor or not?
Asked by 0987gauranshi | 4th Jan, 2022, 02:33: PM
Let us consider charging a parallel plate capacitor as shown in figure.
Let us consider an Amperian loop across the conductor .
This amperian loop can be boundary to a flat surface or a baloon like surface as shown in figure.
In the flat surface , Ampere's law is written as
where Ic is conduction current.
If the balloon like surface encloses only displacement current Id inside capacitor plates then
Subscript S in the integral represents surface integration performed over baloon like surface
Electric field inside capacitor E is given as
where σ is charge density , Q is charge at an instant of time t and A is area of plates
From eqn.(2) and eqn.(3) , we get
Above equation is same as eqn.(1)
Hence magnetic field produced by conduction current and magnetic field produced by
displacement current at the edge of capacitor are same
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 4th Jan, 2022, 05:10: PM
- Suppose this page is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field and the magnetic flux through it is 5 wb. If the page is turned by 30 degrees around an edge the flux through it will be: 1. 5.0 wb 2. 4.3 wb 3. 10.0 wb 4. 2.5 wb 5. 5.8 wb
- Why displacement current is induced in a coil by change in magnetic flux produced by another coil in vicinity?
- What is magnetic flux?
- Write an expression for the magnetic flux linked with the surface?
- What is the units of magnetic flux? How are they related? Is magnetic flux a scalar or vector quantity?
- A coil of area 0.5 m² is situated in a uniform field B = 2 Wb/m² and the normal to the plane of the coil makes an angle of 60° with respect to the magnetic field. Find the magnetic flux through the area A.
- A circular coil and a bar magnet placed nearby are made to move in the same direction. If the coil covers a distance of 2 m in 1 sec and the magnet a distance of 4 m in 2 sec. calculate the induced emf produced in the coil.
- Enlist the factor on which the magnetic flux linked with the circuit depends.
- When is the magnetic flux linked with the circuit (a) maximum and (b) minimum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number