The following paragraph is related to absorption of water from the soil. Complete the following paragraph by selecting the correct word from those given below. You may use a term only once. (exosmosis, hypertonic, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, cortical, endosmosis, phloem).
Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of (i) __________. This is because the solution in the soil is (ii) __________ whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is (iii) __________. The water then passes through the (iv) __________ cells by cell to cell (v) __________ and reaches the xylem of the root.
please answer question number (1) & (v).
Asked by REJIJOSEPH52 | 23rd Mar, 2019, 11:04: PM
Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of endosmosis. This is because the solution in the soil is hypotonic whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is hypertonic. The water then passes through the cortical cells by cell to cell osmosis and reaches the xylem of the root.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 23rd Mar, 2019, 11:32: PM
- What is osmosis
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number