ICSE Class 10 Biology Transport of Materials Processes
Transport of food by the phloem begins from the
Water is transported from the soil to the root cells by
If we wrap a plastic bag around the leaves of a plant and expose it to sunlight, we will observe water droplets inside the bag. This occurs because of
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
- The following paragraph is related to absorption of water from the soil. Complete the following paragraph by selecting the correct word from those given below. You may use a term only once. (exosmosis, hypertonic, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, cortical, endosmosis, phloem). Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of (i) __________. This is because the solution in the soil is (ii) __________ whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is (iii) __________. The water then passes through the (iv) __________ cells by cell to cell (v) __________ and reaches the xylem of the root. please answer question number (1) & (v).
- During osmosis the movement of water occurs from a_______solution into a ________solution
- difference between plasmlysisand deplasmolysis
- Need a test paper of 80 marks on the following chapters 1) absorption through roots 2) photosynthesis 3)Excretory system 4) health organization 5)transpiration
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number