The external dimensions of a wooden box are 12dm 6dm 8dm . If the thickness of the wood is 1dm then find out its inner surface area .
Asked by suprakash | 17th Jan, 2016, 12:07: PM
External dimensions of the wooden box :
length = 12 dm
breadth = 6 dm
height = 8 dm
thickness of the wooden box = 1 dm
Inner dimensions of the wooden box :
l = 12 - 1 - 1 = 12 - 2 = 10 dm
b = 6 - 1- 1 = 6 - 2 = 4 dm
h = 8 - 1 - 1 = 8 - 2 = 6 dm
Hence, the inner surface area of the wooden box
= 2(lb + bh + hl)
= 2(10x4 + 4x6 + 6x10)
= 2(40 + 24 + 60)
= 248 sq. dm
Answered by Kajal Gupta | 18th Jan, 2016, 02:14: AM
- If side of a cube is increase by 20% so how much percentage will its diagonal increase
- area of eqilatteral triangle
- What will be the surface area ,lateral surface area and diagonal of cuboid.whose length=square root of three , breath=square root of seven and the height=square root of eleven??
- if length of cube is 16root3 find diagonal
- A cube
- length=12m,breadth=8m, and height=4.5m find the total surface area
- Find the cost of painting an open rectangular tank of dimensions 4 m × 2.5 m × 5 m at the rate of Rs 5.50 per m2.
- Find the cost of sheet required for making a cuboidal box measuring 3 m × 5 m × 3.5 m, if 1 m2 costs Rs 21.
- A concrete pillar 15 m high has a cross section which is square of side 3 m. Find the cost of painting its top and four walls at the rate of Rs 4 per m2.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number