The distance travelled by an object at various intervals are as follows
Distance (m) : 0 25 50 75 100
Time (s) : 0 2 4 6 8
What distance is the distance covered by the object at 5s and 7s
Asked by Shreeya Nemani | 28th Aug, 2018, 08:23: PM
The first step is to calculate the speed and check if it uniform at every instant of time.
At time = 2 sec
the distance travelled = 25 m
speed = distance/time = 25/2 = 12.5 m/s
At time = 4 sec
the distance travlled = 50 m
speed = distance/ time = 50/2 = 12.5 m/s
Hence, the motion is uniform, so the spped at every sec will remain the same.
Thus at time = 5 sec,
distance = speed x time = 12.5 x 5 = 62.5 m/s
at time = 7 sec,
distance = speed x time = 12.5 x 7 = 87.5 m/s
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 29th Aug, 2018, 10:34: AM
- What is the difference between distance and displacement?
- What are the different types of graph
- 1 what is motion and differentiate between uniform and non uniform motion? 2 what is displacement?
- If A has diameter of 6cm ams B has diameter of 12cm what ia the no of ratation A makes by the time B complete one rotation?
- when a ball is thrown into the air from certain point from the ground. and reaches a point on ground 50m from point of projection what its displacemt
- Explain the following concept in your own word with everyday example . Force ,work,displacement ,velocity, acceleration,distance
- In a 100 meter race, Gourav and Sachin reached the finishing line at the same time. Which of the following are the possible graphs to show that both competitors reached the finishing line at time 't'.
- Ram travels on a straight road. He goes from position A to position B. The distance between A and B is 4 Km. Now from position B he turns back and trvels a distance of 2 Km to reach the position C. a) Find the distance covered by Ram during the whole journey. b) Find the magnitude of his displacement.
- Calculate the speed of the car between points (i) A and origin and (ii) A and B whose distance-time graph is given below.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number