Sumay studied about blood circulation in humans . He wanted to observe the flow of blood and was about to cut his finger a bit. He suddenly stopped realising that this could be fatal.
Read the above passage and answer the following questions.
(a) why is the colour of blood red?
(b) why does unclotted blood comes out from site of injury when platelets are present in the body?
(c) which blood cells when low in number can make us vulnerable to infections?
(d) what values do you think Sumay have?
Asked by pdcavita | 1st Dec, 2017, 10:08: PM
(a) Within the red blood cells there is a protein called hemoglobin. Each hemoglobin protein is made up subunits called hemes, what give blood its red color.
(b) There are very thin capillaries present in our blood vessels. So, whe cut, blood oozes out immediately by cut of capillaries. So, the platelets prevent the blood to flow continously or permanently. The first step in healing a wound is the activation of platelets.
(c) White blood cells
(d) Sumay is careful and cares for his own health and realizes that life can be in danger if such experiment is conducted.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 2nd Dec, 2017, 09:06: AM
- cells formed in bone marrow
- how many chambers does dog heart have?
- Whai is double circulation
- what is blood
- Why there is a difference in the haemoglobin levels of male and female animals and difference in the haemoglobin levels of adult female human beings and adult male humans ?
- What is the haemoglobin content of- 1. Calves 2. Cow 3. Buffalo
- What is the number of nuclei present in the following :- (a) Basophil (b) Neutrophil (c) Eosinophil
- In which part our blood purify?
- What the heart work
- Name the blood groups under ABO system. Differentiate between universal donor and universal recepient.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number