Sound of engine of a submarine would travel faster in water or in air?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Sound of engine of a submarine could be detected earlier (with help of instruments called hydrophones) in water as compared to in air. As sound waves travel faster in liquids as compared to in gases.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- propagation of sound
- What is sound
- what is tuning fork
- how does the sound propogate
- which quantity transferred through the medium during the propagation of sound waves?
- what is Sound?
- WHAT HAPPEN WHENTHE SPEED OF SOUND AND THE PRDUCER SAME
- Sound can travel in solid air and gas but can it travel in plasma and bose-einstein condensate?
- How is sound produced in the following things? The buzzing of mosquito The sound of drums The sound of guitar The sound of trumpet
- Can we hear the ringing of a mobile phone placed in a vacuum chamber?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number