Rusting of iron mail is ..........reaction
Asked by dipakdeshpande30 | 28th Oct, 2018, 10:19: AM
Rusting of an iron nail is a redox reaction.
Answered by Varsha | 29th Oct, 2018, 11:33: AM
- We know that the volume of hydrogen and oxygen in electrolysis of water is 2:1, but we see in ncert text book that there is more amount of water in anode than cathode , what is the reason behind this contradiction
- Why electrolysis of water is important?
- what is redox
- Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air. Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air. A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion. B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion. C- Assertion is true but reason is false. D- Reason is true but assertion is false Please provide an explanation too. Asked by vandanawasan02 | 13th Feb, 2020, 09:24: AM Expert Answer: Aseertion and reason both are correct and reason is correct explanation of assertion. When silver is exposed to air, it becomes black due to oxide coating, although silver is not very reactive metal but with passage of time, it slowly reacts with oxygen in the air and forms black coloures silver oxide. Follow up question- Silver forms sulphide layer upon oxidation. I am confused between B and C. A option is definitely wrong.
- Reaction of MnO2 and Dil.HCl
- Why is galvanised article protected against rusting even when the zinc coating is broken
- Name the reducing agent oxidizing agent and the substance oxidized and reduced in the following reaction with reason: NH3 + O2 gives NO + H2O
- Why we can not separate Hydrogen and Oxygen from water?
- The galvanized article is protected against rusting even if the zinc coating is broken. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number