raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
Asked by kumarkannad15 | 25th Mar, 2018, 12:46: PM
Salt acts as preservative and kills or inhibits the growth of micrrorganisms by drawing water out of the cells of both the microbe and the mangoes through osmosis.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 25th Mar, 2018, 05:32: PM
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
- How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
- What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
- What is manure? How is it prepared? State its role in changing the quality of soil of a field having excess of: (i) Sand (ii) Clay
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number