Properties of some elements are given below. Identify in each case the element in the periodic table to which it belongs.
(a) A soft metal stored under kerosene.
(b) An element with variable valency stored under water.
(c) An element which is tetra valent and forms the basis of organic chemistry.
(d) An element which is an inert gas with atomic number 2.
(e) A metal which burns with brilliant light when ignited.
(f) An element which is yellow solid at room temperature that shows catenation and allotropy.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th May, 2014, 09:40: AM
Answered by | 27th May, 2014, 11:40: AM
- how can we find the electro negitivity of an atom
- How to learn periodic table
- How are the properties of aluminium similar to boron?
- If an element X is placed in group 14, what will be the nature of bond in its chloride? Write the chemical formula of the compound formed.
- Please write all the trends in groups and periods of periodic table with reasons (each reason should be atleast of 3 -4 lines)
- Plz give and of Qsno 7 of periodic classification of elements from the inportimp question provided
- Explain giving justification the trends in the following properties of elements, on moving from left to right in a period, in the Modern periodic Table. (a) Variation of valency. (b) Change of atomic radius. (c) Metallic to non-metallic character. (d) Electronegative character. (e) Nature of oxides.
- What are the similarities between Mendeleev's periodic table modern periodic tablr
- the neutron was discovered in 1932 then how mendeleev calculated atomic mass
- Which period of modern periodic table is told to be incomplete and why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number