Please solve question no. 3 with proper explanation
Asked by adityaahuja099 | 13th Nov, 2017, 04:28: PM
Friction is a resistive force and always acts in the direction opposite to the motion.
Hence it will oppose the motion of sliding body down the slope.
all P.E. at the top of the inclined plane gets converted to K.E. at bottom ideally (P.E. ) but since friction is acting against the downward motion some work will be done by the body to overcome the friction
Therefore body will lose some K.E against work done on friction.
therefore K.E.= P.E-work done by friction =mgh - FS
Answered by Gajendra | 6th Dec, 2017, 04:07: PM
- a bus of mass 10000kg with a velocity of 90 km/h. calculate work done to stop the bus
- define kinetic energy
- what is kinetic energy
- Hi, my name is Aprameya i had a doubt we know K.E.(Kinetic Energy) = (1/2)mv^2 the v over here is velocity but at what time. Velocity will be different at differnt points of time i mean at 1second it might be something and and at another second it might be something else. so while calculating which velocity do we use
- what is energy
- A ball of mass 0.25kg is thrown upwards with a velocity of 10m/s at what height it's kinetic energy become 10J
- The water stored in dam can be used to generate electricity.give reason
- What is work ?
- A truck of mass 5000kg travelling at 40m/s is brought to rest by applying breaks the truck comes to rest after travelling 20m after the application of break what is the kinetic energy of truck
- Give one example of a body that has potential energy, in each of the following :- i) due to its position ii) due to its state
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number