Asked by solankihemant2007 | 5th Mar, 2022, 05:19: PM
Kinetic energy , K = (1/2) m v2
where m is mass and v is velocity of particle
Hence velocity v is directly proportional to √K
(1) At A particle is decelerating :- This stament is false because At A slope is +ve , i.e. kineteic energy increasing .
Hence speec increasing and particle is under acceleration.
(2) AT B particle is accelerating :- This statement is false becuase at B kinetic energy is maximum and
subsequently kinetic energy keeps on decresing. Hence at B decelration starts and in subsequent motion is with
decreasing velocity. Particle is not accelerating.
(3) At C particle has maximum velocity :- This statement is false because we see that particle has minimum kinetic energy
at C . Hence particle has minimum velocity
(4) At C particle has maximum acceleration :- This is true. if we compare the positive slope at A and D ,
we find that slope at D is greater than slope at A. Hence at D change of kinetic energy is maximum ,
hence change of velocity is maximum , hence particle has maximum acceleration
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 5th Mar, 2022, 07:48: PM
- A particle travels in a straight line, such that for a short time 2s≤t≤6s, its motion is described by v=(4/a) m/s, where a is in m/s 2 . If v =8m/s when t = 2s, determine the particle's acceleration when t = 4s.
- Distance covered by a train is 72 km with initial velocity of 20 m/s in 30 minutes. Find it's acceleration
- Derive an expression for average acceleration and instantaneous accelerationfor the motion of an object in x-y plane
- Velocity as a function of position for a particle is given as v = √x (ii) Find acceleration as function of time.
- Formula to find distance travelled by an uniformly accelerated body is
- The distance x covered by a body moving in a straight line in time t is given by the relation- 2x²+3x=t If v is the velocity of body at a certain instance of time, find it's acceleration.
- eg. v = 2x ; assume t = 0 ; x = 2 m ; find a(t)?
- Define instantaneous acceleration.
- The velocity of the particle is given by v = 4t2 + 7 cm/s. Find the velocity of the particle during the time interval t1 = 2s and t2 = 4s also find the average acceleration during the same interval of time.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number