please explain what is the role of split ring in electric motor
Asked by ppratim02 | 1st Jul, 2014, 02:39: PM
Electric motor is a device which converts the electrical energy into mechanical energy.
In an electric motor the split ring commutator is used to reverse the direction of current in the coil. During the working of an electric motor whenever the coil passes from the vertical position, the direction of current through the coil has to be reversed, so that the coil continues to rotate in the same direction.
Hence it reverses the direction of current in the coil after evry half rotation of the coil and thus the direction of couple rotating the coil remains unchanged and the coil continues to rotate in the same direction.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 2nd Jul, 2014, 09:52: AM
- What is an electromagnet AMD what it consist of
- electro magnet is made up of which core
- what is the need to convert dynamo to ac
- name the physical quantities for electromagnetic induction
- An atom has electronic configuration 2,8,7.
- name the device in which a current carrying conductor and magnetic field are used
- 1) What is the principle of solar heating devices? 2)How AC generator can be converted into DC?
- Difference between ac and dc generator
- What is electro magnetic induction?
- what is an induced current ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number