please answer this
Asked by Prashant DIGHE | 14th Feb, 2020, 10:14: PM
Always remember, when a sodium salt reacts with soda lime then it will give alkane which is having one less carbon.
So, number of carbons in propane=3
So Sodium salt must have one more carbon, which should be Butanoic salt. So both 2&3 are correct.
Answered by Ravi | 15th Feb, 2020, 09:58: PM
- What are the functional groups that give tollen's test and fehling's test respectively ?
- What is terephthalic acid?
- Which one among the following CH3COOH and CH3CH2OH is a stronger acid and why?
- What happens when Acetic acid is heated with Ethyl alcohol in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- What happens when Ethanoic acid is reduced by Hydroiodic acid and red Phosphorous at 423 K?
- What is Esterification reaction? Write the mechanism.
- Write a note on Hell-Volhard-Zelinsky Reaction.
- What happens when propanoic acid is treated with LiAlH4 and the product is treated with conc. H2SO4 at 433K?
- How to get Ethanamide from Ethanoic acid?
- How will you convert propanoic acid to butanoic acid?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number