Please answer the following question in detail, specifically the query that is mentioned in the image.
Asked by Balbir | 22nd Jun, 2018, 02:16: PM
Above reactions are exceptional reactions
These reactions of salt of oxyacids are given by Iodine only because Iodine is more electropositive than Chlorine and Bromine.
The main answer key to these reactions is ClO3- is a strong oxidizing agent than IO3-, hence Cl or Br is replaced by Iodine. As above said, these two are exceptional reactions.
Only following two reactions of oxyacids occur as follows:
The above reactions may be verified from half-cell potentials,
Now, Hope you understand these exceptional reactions.
Hence the option D is the correct answer.
Answered by Ramandeep | 23rd Jun, 2018, 07:48: PM
- geometry of [XeF7]- complex
- The most reactive all halide
- inter halogen compounds are more reactive than pure halogens. why?
- When conc H2SO4 is added to an unknown salt in a testube and MNO2 is added, a greenish yellow gas X comes out. To the unknown salt solution in water, when AGNO3 is added,a white ppt is formed which is insoluble in excess of NH4OH. X displaces a brown gas from aqueous solution of KBr. Identify X and write the equations involved
- Please answer the following question.
- what property of fluorine makes it a component for waterproof paper?
- Arrange the following in the decreasing order of their reducing character: HF, HCl, HBr, HI
- Write down the electronic configuration of Chlorine.
- What is the chemical composition of bleaching powder?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number