On what factors does the amount of heat flowing through a body depend? Obtain the expression for the heat conducted.
Asked by hazim.mohaamad2003 | 2nd Mar, 2019, 12:10: PM
The amount of heat gained or lost by a body depends upon,
i. mass of body
ii. Nature of substance
iii. Rise in temperature of body
Let the amount of heat gained or lost be Q, the mass of the body is m, and the rise in temperature is Δt
Q α mΔt
Q = constant × m × Δt
Q = s × m × Δt
where, s is the proportionality constant known as specific heat of the substance
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 2nd Mar, 2019, 12:29: PM
- what is thermodynamics
- Mayer's formula
- State the first law of thermodynamics.
- State the zeroth law of thermodynamics.
- What thermodynamic variable is defined by (a) Zeroth Law? (b) First Law?
- (a) Does the first law of thermodynamics violate the law of conservation of energy? (b) Write the limitations of the first law of thermodynamics.
- Discuss the application of the first law of thermodynamics to Boiling process :
- Discuss the application of the first law of thermodynamics to Isothermal process.
- Derive a relation between the two specific heats of a gas on the basis of the first law of thermodynamics.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number