let the opposite angular points of a square be (3,4) and (-1,1). find the coordinates of the remaining angular points?
Asked by nmenghani | 2nd Mar, 2011, 12:00: AM
Let A(3, 4) and C(1, -1) be the given angular points of the square ABCD and let B(x, y) be the unknown vertex.
Then, AB = BC
AB2 = BC2
(x-3)2 + (y-4)2 = (x+1)2 + (y-1)2
This gives x =
Also, AB2 + BC2 = AC2
Using distance formula, find an equation from the above relation and then substitute the value of x from equation (1) in the obtained equation. That will give the values for y. Find the corresponding values of x.
The points (x, y) will be the required two angular points of the square.
We hope that clarifies your query.
Answered by | 30th Nov, 2017, 02:30: PM
- Find the distance between the points:(-6/5,-3) and ( -4,-7/5)
- If two vertices of an isosceles right triangle are A(-1,-7) and B(-7,-1) then find coordinates of third vertex of the triangle ABC. [GIVEN angle C=90]
- 1. hat are the co-ordinates of the fourth vertex if three vertices of a rectangle are the points (3, 4), (- 1, 2), (2, - 4) 2. In what ratio does the line 4x + y = 11 divide the line segment joining the points (1, 3) and (2, 7). 3. If two vertices of an equilateral triangle are (3, 0) and (6, 0), find the third vertex 4. The mid-point of segment AB is the point P (0, 4). If the Coordinates of B are (-2, 3) then find the coordinates of A. 5. Find the point of y-axis which is equidistant from the points (-5, -2) and (3, 2).
- slove this plz
- how can we find that 3 points lie on a straight line
- find a relation between x and y such that the point (x,y)is eqidistant from the point (-2,-8) and (-3,-5)
- How To solve these questions
- If point p(2,1) is on the line segment a(4,2) and b(8,4);then prove the relation that ap=1/2ab.
- find th distance between the following pairs of points (2,3) , (4,1)
- pls solve this
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number