let the opposite angular points of a square be (3,4) and (-1,1). find the coordinates of the remaining angular points?
Asked by nmenghani | 2nd Mar, 2011, 12:00: AM
Let A(3, 4) and C(1, -1) be the given angular points of the square ABCD and let B(x, y) be the unknown vertex.
Then, AB = BC
AB2 = BC2
(x-3)2 + (y-4)2 = (x+1)2 + (y-1)2
This gives x =
Also, AB2 + BC2 = AC2
Using distance formula, find an equation from the above relation and then substitute the value of x from equation (1) in the obtained equation. That will give the values for y. Find the corresponding values of x.
The points (x, y) will be the required two angular points of the square.
We hope that clarifies your query.
Answered by | 30th Nov, 2017, 02:30: PM
- Give one pair of values of x and y such that (x, y) is equidistant from the points (-1, 8) and (3, 4). Justify your steps.
- For what value of k, A=(3,2),B=(_1,_k),c=(_3,_2),d=(1,2) vertices of parallelogram
- Find a relation between xand y such that the point (X,Y)is equidistant from the point (3,6)and(-3,4)
- The abscissa of a point is -6 and its distance from the point (1,3) is . Fid the ordinate of the point.
- find the coordinatesof the points on x axis which are at the distance of 5 units from (5,4)
- find the distance of the point (-3,4)from the x axis
- page 363 Question # 15 Prove that no value of x exists for which the points A(x,4) , B(1,-2) and C(-3,2) form an isosceles triangle at the vertex B.
- Page 363 Question # 7 If G is the centroid of a triangle ABC and O is any other point, then prove that : OA2 + OB2 + OC2 = GA2 + GB2 + GC2 + 3 GO2
- Page 362 Qtn : 3 Find out the distance between the following pairs of points: (a cos α , a sin α) and ( a cos β, a sin β ) (a m1 2, 2 am1) and a m1 2, 2 am1 (6a, a/2) and (-4a,5a/2)
- Page 353. Question : 12 Prove that the diagonals of a rectangle bisect each other and are equal.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number