Asked by Kanhaiya | 16th Sep, 2015, 08:23: PM
1. From the graph it is clear that OB' > O'A'.
Thus, A lives closer to the college.
2. The position- time graph of A starts from the origin (t = 6 : 30 ) and B starts from 6 : 34.
This indicates that A started earlier than B. Here, on X-axis 1 unit = 1 min.
Hence, the A started earlier than B by a time interval of OC = 4 min.
3. The speed is represented by the steepnes (slope) of the graph. The position-graph of B is steeper than the position-time graph of A.
Thus, we can conclude that B is faster than A.
4. The time interval of B is less than that of A. That is, OE > OD. This indicates that B reaches earlier at 6 : 42.
5. They cross each other at point K.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 18th Sep, 2015, 12:18: PM
- Starting from rest, an object is uniformly accelerated to a speed of 60m/s in 20s. The object travels with this speed for next 40s and is then brought to rest by a uniform retardation in the next 30s.Sketch velocity time graph and calculate the acceleration, retardation and the total distance travelled. Hint: acceleration =rate of change of velocity. distance covered =area under velocity-time graph .
- what is velocity time graph
- What information can you get from velocity time graph of an object’s motion? Write three points at least.
- Please solve the given question
- What is accerlated motion??
- A car is moving with a velocity of 7m per second it's velocity decreasing at the rate of 2.5 metre per second s square. What
- A racing car starts from rest and has uniform acceleiation of 5m/sec ^2.If it travels for 20sec ,find the final velocity at this instant
- The velocity-time graph (v-t) of a car moving along a level road is shown below.Find the average speed of the car in the time interval 0 to 8 s.
- Draw v-t with the data given below and answer the questions below velocity (m/s) 0 10 20 30 20 10 0 time (s) 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 1. Calculate the acceleration during 0 to 15 seconds 2.calculate the acceleration during last 15 seconds 3. Calculate the total distance travelled by the object
- In a velocity-time graph, what does the area enclosed by the velocity-time curve and the time axis represents?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number