Kavitha goes to purchase a bike which is priced at Rs.35,640 including 10% sales tax. However the actual rate of sales tax at the time of purchase is 7%. Find the extra profit made by the shopkeeper if he still charges the original listed price.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
When sales tax is charged at 10%, for a basic price of Rs.100 the price including sales tax becomes:
Rs 100 + Rs 10 = Rs 110
Thus for Rs 110 price + sales tax, the basic price is Rs. 100.
Therefore, for Rs 35640 price + sales tax, the basic price is
For Rs. 100 basic price, the price plus 7% sales tax is Rs. 107
Therefore, for Rs. 32400 basic price, the price plus 7% sales tax is
Extra Profit made = Original list price - price with 7% sales tax
= Rs (35640 - 34668) = Rs. 972
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Full form of VAT
- A coat is marked at Rs. 4000, a discount of 25% is offered on the coat. After adding the sales tax the final cost of the coat comes to Rs. 3240. Find the rate of sales tax.
- The cost of a TV set at a showroom was Rs 36500. The sales tax charged was 8%. Find the bill amount.
- Raman bought an air cooler for Rs 5400 including VAT at 8%. Find the original price of the air cooler.
- A color TV is available for Rs 26880 inclusive of VAT. If the original cost of the TV is Rs 24000, find the rate of VAT.
- Before adding VAT at 21%, an item's cost is Rs 200. Calculate the total cost after VAT is added.
- Suppose Anil bought something that was priced at Rs 6.95, and the total bill was Rs 7.61. What is the sales tax rate in this city?
- The sales tax rate is 8%. If Rahul bought a new car and paid a sales tax of Rs 1,920, what was the cost of the car before the tax?
- There is a sales tax of Rs 20 on an item that costs Rs 226 before tax. A second item costs Rs 90.40 before tax. What is the sales tax on the second item?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number