is there any useful of ohms law?
Asked by donthagounisaigoud | 5th Nov, 2020, 01:47: PM
Ohm's Law is a formula used to calculate the relationship between voltage, current and resistance in an electrical circuit.
Mathematicaly it is written as , E = I x R
Where E is voltage across a resistive component in the electrical circuit , I is current passing through the resistive component and R is resistance value.
If any two above quantities are known, third quantity can be calculated using the above relation.
If we know voltage (E) and current (I) and want to know resistance (R), then R = E/I .
Resistance cannot be measured in an operating circuit, so Ohm's Law is especially useful when it needs to be calculated.
Rather than shutting off the circuit to measure resistance, a technician can determine R using the above variation of Ohm's Law.
Now, if we know voltage (E) and resistance (R) and want to know current (I), we use the relation I = E/R .
Hence ohm's law helps to know the current without using ammeter.
if we know current (I) and resistance (R) and want to know voltage (E), we use the relation E = I x R
so that without using voltmeter we will know the voltage
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 5th Nov, 2020, 03:03: PM
- what is ohms law
- What is ohm's law in vector form?
- What kind of charges constitutes the electric current?
- Why solid conductors conduct electricity when placed in an electric field?
- Electric current has both magnitude and direction but it is not a vector quantity. Why?
- What is conventional current?
- What will be the resistivity of a wire if it is stretched to double of its original length without loss of mass?
- Find the resistivity of a conductor in which a current density is and electric field of 15Vm-1 is applied on it.
- Two wires of equal lengths, one of copper and other nickel have the same resistance. Which wire is thicker?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number