Is there any difference between the advantages of mixed cropping and intercropping? if so,what are they?
Asked by S SELVA | 8th Sep, 2015, 12:10: PM
Advantages of mixed cropping:
- Minimises the risk of crop failure.
- Seeds of two crops are mixed before sowing.
- Crops yield can be increased.
Advantages of intercropping:
- Increases the productivity per unit area.
- Pesticides can be easily applied to individual crop.
- Both crops can be easily harvested and threshed.
- Soil erosion is reduced.
- Allows better use of natural resources such as light, soil air and water.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 8th Sep, 2015, 12:37: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number