In the following table, find the value of a and b if the quantities x and y are in direct variation.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 2nd Sep, 2015, 01:20: PM
Since x and y vary directly, so the ratio must be constant.
So we have,
Hence, a = 36 and b = 25.
Answered by | 2nd Sep, 2015, 03:20: PM
- kase pata chali gaa Kon lnverse or directly hai
- Complete the following table if x and y vary directly. x 2.5 b 1.2 1 y c 55 a 40
- Quantities u and v vary directly and when u = 12 and v = 16. Which of the following is not a possible pair of corresponding values of u and v? (i) 6 and 8 (ii) 15 and 20 (iii) 18 and 22.
- A car covers a distance of 60 km in 30 minutes. How long will it take to cover a distance of 240 km?
- The perimeter of a square is given by p = 4s where p is perimeter and s denotes the side of square. Does the quantity p and s vary directly? If yes make the table for s = 3 units, 5 units and 7 units.
- An agent receives a commission of Rs 45 on sales of Rs 1500. How much commission will he get on sale of Rs 1000?
- If the weight of 5 sheets of paper is 20 grams, how many sheets of the same paper would weigh 1 kg?
- Check whether x and y vary directly or not? x 3 4 5 6 y 15 20 25 30
- The cost of 6 balls is Rs 42. What would be the cost of 10 balls, 15 balls and 20 balls? Write them in the form of a table.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number