If the weight of 5 sheets of paper is 20 grams, how many sheets of the same paper would weigh 1 kg?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 2nd Sep, 2015, 01:20: PM
It is clear that the number of sheets and their corresponding weight vary directly.
Also 1 kg = 1000 grams.
Writing the information in the table, we have
Number of sheets
Weight (in grams)
Now, in case of direct variation the ratio remains constant, so we have
Hence, number of sheets are 250.
Answered by | 2nd Sep, 2015, 03:20: PM
- kase pata chali gaa Kon lnverse or directly hai
- Complete the following table if x and y vary directly. x 2.5 b 1.2 1 y c 55 a 40
- Quantities u and v vary directly and when u = 12 and v = 16. Which of the following is not a possible pair of corresponding values of u and v? (i) 6 and 8 (ii) 15 and 20 (iii) 18 and 22.
- A car covers a distance of 60 km in 30 minutes. How long will it take to cover a distance of 240 km?
- The perimeter of a square is given by p = 4s where p is perimeter and s denotes the side of square. Does the quantity p and s vary directly? If yes make the table for s = 3 units, 5 units and 7 units.
- An agent receives a commission of Rs 45 on sales of Rs 1500. How much commission will he get on sale of Rs 1000?
- In the following table, find the value of a and b if the quantities x and y are in direct variation. x 9 12 b y 27 a 75
- Check whether x and y vary directly or not? x 3 4 5 6 y 15 20 25 30
- The cost of 6 balls is Rs 42. What would be the cost of 10 balls, 15 balls and 20 balls? Write them in the form of a table.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number