In the figure below, both AC and EF are perpendiculars to DB. Also, AC = EF and AB = ED. Prove that B = D.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 19th Nov, 2013, 02:11: AM
Given : ACDB ; EFDB
AC = EF ; AB = ED.
To prove: B = D
Proof : AC = EF (given)
1 = 2 (perpendicular lines meet to form right angles)
Hyp AB = Hyp ED (given)
Thus, ABC EDF (By RHS congruence rule).
So, B = D (Corresponding parts of congruent triangles)
Answered by | 19th Nov, 2013, 04:11: AM
- in the given figure, prove that triangle AOC is congreunt to triangle BOD
- what is rhs criteria in congruence
- Explain SSS congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- Explain SAS congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- Explain ASA congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- In the triangle given below, prove that ACB = XZY.
- In the figure given below, AD = CD and AB = CB. (i) Is ABD CBD? (ii) Does BD bisect ABC?
- In the figure below, AB and CD bisect each other at O. show that: (i) AOC BOD (ii) AC = BD (iii) OAC = OBD.
- In the figure given below, show that KOL BOH.
- Explain the RHS congruence criterion. Given below are two triangles ABC and PQR. Prove that ABC PQR.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number