in hydrolyis we have to remove water but in hydrolysis of haloaLkane which does not contain O how it is done
Asked by Ashok Rana | 13th Sep, 2014, 10:29: AM
Removal of water molecule is called dehydration.
Haloalkanes when boiled with aqueous alkali like KOH or NaOH undergo hydrolysis and form corresponding alcohols.
R- X + KOH → R - OH + KX
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 14th Sep, 2014, 02:43: PM
- State the type of mechanism in acid catalysed hydration of alkenes with reactions involved.
- What is absolute alcohol and how is it prepared?
- How will you convert chlorobenzene to phenol?
- How are the following conversions carried out? (i) Benzyl chloride to benzyl alcohol. (ii) Methyl magnesium bromide to 2-methylpropan-2-ol.
- Give the method of preparation of glycerol from propene.
- How will you obtain tert.butyl alcohol from isobutyl alcohol?
- Identify ‘A’ in the reaction.
- How are phenols prepared from diazonium salts?
- How will you convert methanol to ethanol?
- Give the preparation of phenol from isopropyl benzene.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number